There are two areas for posting information. The Front Door display area is limited to advertising Gallery Shows and Programs. The bulletin board in the kitchen is available to display any art related information that would be of interest to our members. All forms are available on line for downloading and can also be found in our kitchen on the display racks.
Forms include Membership Form, Classes Registration Form, Member Gallery Show Agreement and Waiver, Group Show Agreement and Waiver and Workshop Registration Form.
Click here to print a current Calendar of Events
Visit our Photo Gallery to see photos from our Gallery Shows, Demos, Workshops, and other special events.
Open Studio Mondays and Fridays
Members who wish to paint in the back room on Mondays from 9:00 am to 9:00 pm or Fridays from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm are welcome to let themselves into the gallery. Please note: when there is a Demo night or event the gallery may not be available for Open Studio on a Monday evening.
Please contact us if you would like to learn how to open/close the gallery.
All members are welcome to come in and paint in our bright studio/workshop space.
The RHGA has a collection of art related material housed in the kitchen in the black cupboard.
Members are welcome borrow books to enjoy at home.
The RHGA is a non-profit organization and relies wholly upon its members to assist with the Group’s operations. Every member is encouraged to be active and help maintain the Mill Pond Gallery and our facilities. Let us know where you feel you can be of most assistance to the Group by emailing us at email@example.com .
SMALLtreasures Member Group Exhibition and Sale
Painting Drop off: Monday, November 19 from 5:30 pm – 8:30 pm
Our next Member Group Show, will be our Smalltreasures Member Group Show and Sale.
Smaller paintings at smaller prices for the gift-giving season.
Each member will be able to submit a total of 3 pieces for this show. The perimeter of each framed or unframed work must not exceed 72″. That’s a 16″ x 20″ work, however your artwork can be a square or rectangle, long and narrow or short and wide. As long as the total length of all 4 sides added up is not greater then 72″.
In order to exhibit your work, you must:
- Be an active member, in good standing, of the Richmond Hill Group of Artists;
- Framing: Paintings under glass must be framed with acid free mats and acid free tape and finished on the back with backing paper.
- Canvases: For framed canvases backing paper is not required. Unframed ‘Gallery Canvas’ and regular canvases are now accepted provided that the edges are painted, and there are no staples on sides to give the piece an overall finished look.
- All paintings must have wire hangers; Warped canvases will not be accepted. Show committee has the authority to reject a piece because of improper framing;
- Labelling: All paintings must be labelled on the back using the Group Show Title Strips document
- Registration fee is $5 per piece to a maximum of $10 for 3 pieces; this fee is non refundable.
- Agree to pay a commission of 20% of all sales during or within the following 30 days, of any show;
- When you drop off your artwork you will sign up for one 3.5 hour Gallery Show monitoring shift. If you are unable to attend your shift you will be required to hire another member and pay the $10/hour fee.
- Be familiar with the opening & closing of the gallery & tasks required while you sit your shift (see Gallery Group Show Procedures document)
The RHGA provides its membership with a number of display opportunities in our gallery space.
The RHGA organizes 3 members’ group shows each year. To participate in a group show you must be a member of the RHGA. Each artist may submit up to 3 paintings. There is a small administration fee of $5.00/painting, $10.00 for 2 paintings. The drop off date is on Monday evening before the show and pick up date is on Monday after the show. The RHGA retains a 20% commission on all sales. Please read the Group Show Agreement and Waiver for complete instructions. Each artists must volunteer to sit a 3 1/2 hour shift during the show. Details for upcoming shows will be forwarded to the membership or refer to our Calendar of Events page for dates.
Individual Gallery Shows
Individual gallery show bookings take place once a year in June. You may book one show/calendar year, however if there are available weekends once sign up is completed you may participate in more then one show. You may have a solo show or invite other RHGA members to join your show. At the time of booking you must complete the Member Exhibition Agreement and Waiver and provide an image of your work as well as a short description of your show to be used for publicity. Gallery Shows are posted on several On-Line Calendars in the region. It is your responsibility to publicise your show beyond this, we can provide you with some ideas and suggestions. The RHGA retains a 20% commission on all sales.
RHGA Annual Juried Show
Our premier event of the year is our Annual RHGA Juried Show. To participate in the Juried show you must be a member of the RHGA for a minimum of 6 months. Each artist may submit up to 3 paintings. There is a small administration fee of $5.00/painting, $10.00 for 2 paintings. Paintings are juried into the show by a panel of independent artists. The drop off date is on Monday or Tuesday evening before the show and pick up date is on Monday after the show. Please read the Juried Show Agreement and Waiver for complete instructions. Each artists must volunteer to sit a 3 1/2 hour shift during the show. The RHGA retains a 20% commission on all sales.
The RHGA participates in numerous community and national events throughout the year. We currently have 3 locations for displaying your work in the community.
The Markham Theatre Annual February Show and Sale
The Markham Theatre group show is held annually for the month of February.
Sunnybrook Hospital Annual Summer Show
Show Coordinator, Annette Hansen firstname.lastname@example.org
Mackenzie Health Hospital
Year round show, paintings are changed every 3-4 months.
A call for submissions will be sent out.
Show Coordinator, Haleh Dehlavi email@example.com