To provide a supportive creative environment for our membership and enhance the community through learning opportunities, art shows and collaborative events.
The Richmond Hill Group of Artists was formed in February 1978 with ten enthusiastic members. For many years the RHGA held meetings and workshops at various locations: such as the basement of the local Dairy Queen, schools, community halls and the Heritage Centre on Church Street.
In 1994, The Richmond Hill Group of Artists opened the Mill Pond Gallery, at 314 Mill Street, across from the historic Mill Pond Park.
The RHGA provides a meeting place for artists of all levels, both professional and non-professional. This group is for everyone who enjoys the creation and appreciation of art.
Friendships are established, information is shared, opinions and ideas are exchanged in a supportive environment.
Additionally, the RHGA provides educational opportunities for the members, as well as the community at large. Regular demonstrations, workshops and critiques by visiting artists are held for members (and non-members at a nominal fee). Art classes in all media for adults and children are offered year round for both members and non-members.
- Become a member of a respected art organization
- Participate in group and juried shows to display and sell your artwork
- Attend Open Studio at the Mill Pond Gallery and Plien-Air painting opportunities in the community
- Meet and form friendships with other artists
- Attend scheduled meetings, demonstrations and critiques
- Participate in workshops & classes by well known artists at competitive fees
- Book Gallery Shows in the Mill Pond Gallery as available
- Numerous opportunities to exhibit off-site throughout the year
- Receive Artists’Discounts at select art retailers including Curry’s and Discount
- The Art Supply Store(Richmond Hill). You must present your Membership Card.
- Have access to the RHGA art reference library
- Have a member’s page where you can display your artwork on rhga.ca and link to your own site or blog
Become a Member
We invite you to join us, meet other artists with similar interests and get inspired!
Annual Membership Fee: $85 (September to August), Prorated Membership – January 1st to August 31st: $50.
Membership Renewal: $80(before September 15):
Student Membership: $50 (must be 18 years or older, enrolled in high school or post secondary, and a Richmond Hill resident)
Download our Membership Application Form and mail with cheque payable to “RHGA” to:
314 Mill Street,
Richmond Hill, ON
For more info contact our Membership Director, Rani Satpute at email@example.com