$60.00 – $70.00
Virtual Workshop Series
Tuesday, March 22, 29 & April 5 – 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm
An Impressionistic Expression of Roses on Canvas with Marjorie Mae
Virtual Workshop Series – Tuesday, March 22, 29 & April 5 – 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm
In this workshop we will explore the rose while using our acrylic paints. We’ll learn about:
- The use of line.
- Transparent colours.
- Lost and found edges.
The creative power of big brushes and unlimited inspiration. This will be about the joy of giving your creative self free reign to place confident marks on canvas. You’ll love discovering your own voice! Something fun and informative for all skill levels.
Read more about Marjorie Mae
- Plastic or wood support (larger than the size of the paper you are painting on)
- Painter’s tape
- Book of Cranson Watercolour Paper 140 lb.
- One rectangular-shaped canvas (11×14 or larger)
- Water bucket (like an old 500 ml yogurt container)
- Paper towel
- HB pencil
- White chalk
- Spray/mist bottle
- Hair blower
- Palette (for mixing paint on)
- Assorted flat brushes (including ½”, 1” and 1 ½”)
- Palette knives
- Catalyst Tool or old credit card (or something similar) for texturizing and making marks
- Matte Medium
Basic Acrylic Colours (bring more to class if you’d like but bring these ones for sure)
- Titanium White
- Cad Yellow or Hansa Yellow
- Yellow Ochre
- Phthalo Blue
- Cerulean Blue
- Quin Magenta
- Cad Red
- Transparent Red Iron Oxide
- Transparent Yellow Iron Oxide
Members Price, Non-Members Price